1. What are the minimum requirements for applying to a suitable course in Monarch College?
Eligibility: 12th Std pass / graduate / undergraduate of any discipline.
2. Can I obtain my application by post?
Yes, by sending DD for the required amount.
3 .Do I need to come down to Monarch to receive / submit the application form?
No, the application can be obtained online and can be submitted through post. You can also obtain the application form by post as mentioned above
4. Where can I get the prospectus and application forms?
The application material can be obtained from the
Monarch International College of Hotel Management,
Forest Gate, Pudumund, Ooty - 643 007
Tamil Nadu, India. College
The application material is also available online [click here to download application].
5. Is there a capitation fee?
No, candidates need to pay only the fees mentioned in the prospectus.
6. Is there any good hostel facility with attached dinning?
Yes, all hostels have mess facility
7. Will I get hostel allotment at the time of admission?
Yes, all admitted candidates will be accommodated in the hostels
8. In whose favour should the application/entrance test demand draft (DD) be made, where should it be drawn and in which bank should it be made?
DD should be made in favour of 'Monarch International College' payable at Ooty (Udhagamandalam). DD can be made from any nationalised banks.
9. What about placement after completion of course?
Monarch International College has an excellent placement cell that assist in placements.
10. Are Hostels compulsory for the students?
Yes, it is mandatory for all the students to stay in the hostels. In exceptional cases, permission may be granted by the Dean/ Director to stay out before joining the hostel.
11. Where can I avail for a loan facility?
A loan facility can be availed from any nationalized banks.
12. Are the hostel charges included in the tuition fee?
No, the hostel fee is mentioned separately.
13. Can I apply to Monarch College before getting the result of qualifying exams (12th grade)?
Yes, you can apply before getting the marks card of the final qualifying examination. The proof of having passed the qualifying examination with requisite marks is to be submitted at the time of admission.
14. Will the college give a loan?
No. Monarch College will give you the necessary documents required for loan. Loan can be availed from any nationalized bank in your home town.
15. Does the entire fee have to be paid in the beginning of the course?
No, the complete course fee is divided into 7 installments for your convenience as shown in the fee structure.
16. How I can reach Monarch College?
Getting to Ooty
Monarch (Ooty) is well connected by road, rail and air. There are two main cities close to Ooty that serve as entry points - Coimbatore and Bangalore. Bangalore is 300 km from Ooty and Coimbatore is 100 km away.
Ooty is connected to the rest of the world through the international airport in Chennai, Coimbatore and Bangalore. There are regular flights from Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi.
Ooty is well connected with all the major cities in Karnataka, Kerala, etc. Buses run between Coimbatore and Ooty frequently. Direct buses are also available from Bangalore and Chennai
- The closest railway stations are Coimbatore and Banglore
- Delhi and Mumbai (to the north) and Ernakulam (to the south) are linked to Coimbatore station
- Coimbatore station is connected to Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Calicut, Cochin, Trivandrum, Mumbai and other major cities
- Those travelling from Kolkata can travel via Chennai/ Mumbai/ Bangalore/ Goa and then take a connecting train to Coimbatore
- There is also a train operating from Jammu to Coimbatore once a week
For more information check www.indianrail.gov.in